Wednesday 2 January 2013

Waitrose curry.

My husband now seems to be suffering from the same virus as I had.  So it was a good idea for the 2 of us to have a curry tonight in the hope it would clear his blocked nose! 
 
Waitrose are currently offering 10% off ready meals to all holders of the My Waitrose card, so as they do a particularly good curry we decided to have that.
 
I choose the Prawn mango curry , (which has a 2 chilli symbol) and to accompany that, some lemon rice. 
 
All curries in this range are covered with an exotic looking cardboard sleeve, each one is a pinkish purple colour. The prawn curry is a gorgeous colour, redish burnt orange.  It cooks for three minutes in the microwave, after having pierced the film.
 
Now, my curry tastes are quite feeble and as this one had 2 chilli symbols I thought it would be spicy, but no it was absolutely fine.  I was able to eat it without too many problems. 
 
The lemon rice was also very good, and the perfect side dish.
 
My score out of 5
 
Would be 5, very tasty.  Buy it, cook it and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment